Each University shall be deemed to have been established and incorporated for the following purposes, namely:-
- Making provision for imparting education towards development of quality human resource in different branches of study specified in sub-section (3) of section 2;
- Furthering the advancement of learning and conducting of research, particularly in agriculture and other allied sciences;
- Undertaking the extension education of such science and technologies, specially for the rural people of the State;
- Such other purposes as the State Government may by notification in the official Gazette specify from time to time; and
- Promoting partnership and linkages with national and international educational, Industries, research and other institutions.
Source : THE UNIVERSITIES OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES ACT, 2009.